Tel +55 21 3938 5279
Tel +55 21 3938 5278
Economics Institute - IE/UFRJ
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
Avenida Pasteur 250, salas 104 e 107
Urca, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brasil
Innovation for Sustainable
Innovation for Sustainable Development: Perspectives, Policies and Practices in South Asia
Training Workshop: 1st to 5th November 2017
(The INDIALICS Academy 2017)
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Call for Participation in Training Workshop
In the last few decades, technological and organizational innovations have played a pivotal role in transforming the economies and societies of the South-Asian countries, setting them at the frontiers of science and technology advancement. Various policies and institutional arrangements have been restructured and created to achieve global competitiveness and faster economic growth. However, along with high economic growth, there is increasing inequality and exclusion as well as over-exploitation of natural resources. The emerging challenge, therefore, is to accomplish equilibrium between economic growth and social justice, through innovative and sustainable practices.
Drawing inspiration from the existing narratives and discourses, the 4th Indialics Training Workshop is thematised as ‘Innovation for sustainable development: Perspectives, Policies and Practices in South Asia’. This Training Workshop will explore the nature, determinants and direction of innovation and new pathways for meeting future challenges in the context of sustainable development with specific reference to South Asia. We posit that the challenges cannot be seen as isolated from each other but interconnected and requires social, institutional and policy innovations, political processes and the interconnections between these. The training workshop will reflect on challenges and opportunities in fostering innovation for socio-economic development and sustainability.
Key Training Tracks will include:
• Innovation for Sustainable Agriculture (Sub-Themes: Food Security, Farmers’ Innovation, etc.)
• Global Value Chains and Innovation Systems
• Sanitation and Waste Management
• Climate Change Adaption and Mitigation (Sub-Themes: Resilience, etc.)
• Gender, Technology and Innovation
• Innovation in the Informal Economy
• Indicators for Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)
• R&D and Technology Transfer (Sub-Themes: University-Industry Linkages, etc.)
• Innovations in Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
• IPR, Standards & Regulations in Science, Technology & Innovation (STI)
• Foresights and Futures for Technology
Expression of interests is invited for those interested to participate in training workshop. Training workshop is especially directed for those undertaking M.Phil./ PhD in Science-Technology-Innovation Studies (STIS) and Related Disciplines.
– Deadline for Application for Participation in Training Workshop: 20th April 2017
– Notification of Acceptance of Participation: 20th June 2017
– Application Form for Participation in Training Workshop: http://bit.ly/2k5xu2J
Key questions will be asked include why you are interested to attend the Indialics2017 Training Workshop and what is your expectation from the Training Workshop. Selected participants will be invited to attend both Indialics2017 training workshop and conference. The participants are expected to become rapporteurs or discussants in different sessions of Indialics2017 conference and training workshop.
All submissions should be submitted online.
This Training Workshop is being organized by the Centre for Studies in Science Policy (CSSP), Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
Convener of the Training Workshop: Saradindu Bhaduri, Chairperson, CSSP.
Coordinators: Sujit Bhattacharya (CSIR-NISTADS) and Dinesh Abrol (ISID)
All communications regarding the INDIALICS2017 should be addressed to:
Dr Anup Kumar Das, CSSP, Room #228, SSS-I, JNU, New Delhi 110067. Tel. +91-11-26738906.
Hashtag for Social Media: #INDIALICS2017
1 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - 5 (Sunday) 6:18 pm UTC/GMT +5:30 hours